Sunday 23 October 2011

Finalizing idea for Drip, Slap, Boing

So I already have a basic idea of what the movie is about. It will be related to classical music and plant growth. That has not changed. At first I was going to put characters make it the traditional cartoon where someone is playing music to his plants and kid with rock music ruins that for him. BORING I thought so I abounded that idea.

Then there was another one where the plants would be dancing against each other. I didn't feel that either. Why would they be doing that? I don't want the short animation to be lame funny. Maybe this idea needs to be thought of a bit more. Maybe then it would work out in the end. I don't know.

What I like lately is having humor to get across a certain message in life. I already mentioned that I was doing something like that for taxonomy. However, that changed. Yesterday I bought a book about drawing tress. This is its picture. It has a lot of drawing of trees in nature. This triggered an idea with the same music idea to make the movie about plants in a landscape growing to the classical music. The drip, boing, splat still means the same and it is the movement to the music. It is very typical to talk about saving the trees and so on.

So I advanced that idea and I want to do it in a humorous way about how man can create nature like forests, plants, landscapes so quickly. I don't know should I first explain the science behind the idea, or is it self explanatory in the movie. Again do I need to say something about that this doesn't happen in real life or is this also implied in the animation.

I will be using the book to help improve my tree drawing skills. Also I will be going out a lot and observing different types of trees and landscape. I will do this in 2D and I want it to look semi-realistic. I will still experiment with different materials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment