Friday 21 October 2011

Taxonomy

This one seems much more broad what we can do the movie about. I watched a part of the The Pillow Book fo Sei Shonagon, which was said that it inspired the project. After watching that I got a few ideas on what i want to do the animation about. 


At first I was thinking like to portray different things in my life using black and white and color at different times. However, I didn't feel that this idea is something special and unique. Then something happened back in my country again. There was another clash between different religious groups. For a while I have been wanting to tell people that we are no different at the end of the day even if people may have different ideologies. 


This thought also reminded me of the Disney song Its a small world. I loved listening to it when I was younger. I won't be doing something similar to it at all but it triggered the idea that we are one world. 
Over the years I have traveled to many different countries. My idea is for this movie to portray some different cultures and then keep on simplifying everything until it shows that we are all the same everywhere through body, needs etc. 


Another thing that is inspiring the idea is the meaning of the word taxonomy. In the dictionary it means the branch of science concerned with classificationesp. of organisms. When science group things its fine. What I want to show after seeing this definition is when humans classify other humans it is not the same. Again it is the idea that we should not classify humans because we are the same in the end. 


The method I can see this film being done in is stop motion using cute outs of characters out of cardboard and magazine photos. Even though I prefer to have hummer in my animation it is also I feel important to step aside for a moment and send the world a message. Each person has a duty to help the world in which ever way they can. Maybe when people see more work about being better in general that would inspire them to do the same. 


I still don't have an exact story line. I am taking one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment